Romilde Manzoni, PhD
COO & Consultant - Milan
- M.Sc in Industrial Biotechnology at the University of Milan-Bicocca
- M.Sc in Bioinformatics at the University of Milan-Bicocca
- PhD at the IFOM-IEO Campus in Milan, working on Systems Biology
- EMBO post-doctoral fellow at the UPF – Barcelona working in Synthetic Biology
- Senior Postdocs at the UPF – Barcelona as an EMBO post-doctoral fellow working in Synthetic Biology
- More than 10 years of experience in academic research at the interface between Biology and Computational Biology
- 15 years of experience as a professional volleyball player
- Since 2013 trainer for hfp consulting
I am a scientist by training and my professional life has always been divided between the lab and the volleyball court. I soon discovered that these two worlds have a lot in common and that my real passion is working with people and help them thrive.
After more than ten years of experience, I realized that in the academic research there are challenges that go beyond pure science: productive and authentic interaction with people, knowing how to inspire and motivate a group, ability to make informed decisions about future careers. The strong focus on being an expert and excel as a scientist leaves little room for professional and personal development.
When joining hfp I decided to invest my career in teaching these skills to scientists with the mission to shape the culture in science by reinforcing values like listening, collaboration and emotional well-being.
In both science and sport, understanding social interactions, what drives human behaviors and unveiling the forces that keep a team together, have always been my passions.