LIOR NOY, PhD
consultant - Tel Aviv
- trained as a computational neuroscientist.
- Ph.D. from the Weizmann Institute of Science
- M.Sc. in computer science and a B.Sc. in computer science and psychology.
- In 2007 established ‘Weizmann Playback’, a group of 15 faculty and students at the Weizmann Institute training and performing in playback theatre, a community-centred improvisation form based on real-life stories.
- Since 2008 studying group improvisation and creativity using a natural science approach at Harvard Medical School at the Weizmann Institute.
- In 2011, together with Prof. Uri Alon, co-founded the Theatre Lab at the Weizmann Institute, a meeting place of the performing arts and the natural sciences. In addition to the scientific work, teaching numerous improvisation and creativity workshops in academia, as well as in governmental and the private sectors in Israel.
Joining hfp consulting in 2013, I am looking forward to a unique opportunity to contribute to a growing movement providing space for the subjective and emotional aspects of science practice. I wish to employ the skills and lessons I have gathered in my journey in the science and the arts for this exact purpose. In particular, I hope to reinforce in the scientific community three core values, which are at the heart of improvisation and playback theatre: listening, creativity, and cooperation.”