Win-Win Strategies for negotiators in science
All academic actors need to negotiate at one point or another, be it the PhD student negotiating an extension to their fellowship, a Postdoc requiring use of a certain technical device, or a PI asking for more staff from the dean, all would benefit from learning the skills that make a good negotiator succeed. This interactive course is for all of them.
- the majority of our trainers are scientists and have been working with scientists for many years
- for each course we provide two trainers to balance diversity and expertise
- position the research group / unit in the best way possible within the organisation
- reach better results in negotiations with partners and suppliers
- maintain solid and sustainable relationships with collaborators and co-workers
- evaluate the own and the partner’s interests
- be more comfortable with asking for things
- transform conflicts into solutions
- this course is for group leaders, Core Facility Managers, professionals in higher administrative positions
- we adjust our course modules to the needs of the course participants
- we work in a process oriented manner
- the course is conducted in a interactive style
- each module begins with an introduction by the trainers, followed by breakout activities in small groups
I think this course is a must for everybody who will at some point in their career lead people.
My expectations for this course were high and they have been completely matched. It was an eye opener! Made me realize that sometimes very little things can make a large impact.
Very useful and interactive course. I think that this course has changed my way of dealing with many things in life and this was very fruitful.