Julie Servoss, MD, MPH
Consultant - Boca Raton, Florida
- Bachelor of Arts, Human Biology at Stanford University
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Master of Public Health in Clinical Effectiveness, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Internal Medicine Residency and Gastroenterology Fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- More than 15 years in academic medicine, the majority of which was spent as one of the founding faculty and the inaugural Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion for a new medical school in Florida (Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University)
- Developed comprehensive diversity, equity and inclusion programs and policies including pipeline programs to increase the diversity of the healthcare workforce; a comprehensive, 4-year, cultural competency curriculum for medical students including topics such as unconscious bias, social and structural determinants of health, and health inequities; collaboratively developed faculty training and policies to reduce bias in the hiring process.
- Currently, Senior Medical Director of Gastroenterology for Modernizing Medicine, a health IT company that provides a cloud-based, specialty-specific software platform for physicians to increase medical practice success and improve patient outcomes.
I joined hfp consulting after participating in the Female Leaders in Science Workshop. The mission and culture of hfp align well with my desire to promote women and underrepresented minorities in science and medicine, and to foster their professional development as inclusive leaders. I also believe that diversity is essential for any group or organization to achieve excellence. I am passionate about bringing the communication, leadership and teambuilding skills that hfp teaches to other physicians and scientists.