hfp consulting is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring you have a positive experience on our website and in using our services (collectively, “Services”). This policy covers the hfp consulting websites hfp-consulting.com and hfp-connect.com
If you reside in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland, you may have additional rights with respect to your Personal Data, as further outlined below. These rights may include rights under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland.
Collection of your personal data
When visitors leave comments on hfp consulting or within our hfp alumni network, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We may collect the following categories of Personal Data about you when you use or otherwise interact with our Services:
- Email address
- Home/work/mobile telephone number
- Postal or other physical address
- IP addresses and other information collected passively, as further detailed in the “Passive Collection” section below
- Identification of the workshop you have attended
We collect and/or process your Personal Data in connection with the below activities related to our Services:
- Account registration
- Use of certain Service features
- Generating reports based on information collected from use of our Services
- Requesting service and support for our Services and providing such support
- Registering to attend a course or webinar
- Participating in an online survey
- Billing and collecting payments for our Services
- Participating in discussion groups or forums
- Registering for newsletter subscriptions
Processing of your Personal Data
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity (i.e. processing that is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, such as your user agreement with us that allows us to provide you with the Services) and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others (e.g. our users) such as:
- Personalizing, improving or operating our Service and business
- Better understanding your needs and interests
- Fulfilling requests you make related to the Services
- Providing you with information and offers from us or third parties
- Complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes with users, enforcing our agreements
- Protecting, investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity
We process Personal Data for purposes such as:
- To process your enquiries and deliver the Services that you have ordered
- To provide reports based on information collected from use of our Services
- To keep you up to date on the latest Service announcements, software upgrades, special offers, and other information
- To provide support and assistance for our Services
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content
- To provide customer feedback and support
- To the extent you choose to participate, to conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better services to our customers and end users
- To support recruitment inquiries
- To contact individuals that you refer to us and identify you as the source of the referral, in accordance with the “Referral” section below
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our services, you represent that you have their consent to provide us your friend’s/business partner’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend / business partner a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the website. Unless we are authorized by your friend / business partner, we will only use your friend’s / business partner’s name and email address for the purposes of sending this one-time email and maintaining an activity log of our referral program.
You can choose whether to provide Personal Data to hfp consulting or hfp connect, but note that you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services if they require Personal Data that you have not provided. You can sign-up, and therefore consent, to receive email or newsletter communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving these communications, you can update your preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in such emails or by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
Data Subject Rights
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data as set forth below. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests, or we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request, which may be Personal Data, for example, if we need to verify your identity or the nature of your request. In such situations, however, we will still respond to let you know of our decision.
To make any of the following requests, contact us using the contact details referred to in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you. You can also request a copy of the Personal Data.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by logging into your service account. Please contact us as soon as possible upon noticing any such inaccuracy or incompleteness.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the collection or use of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Portability: You have the right to ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another entity where technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may be required to provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about hfp consulting’s or hfp connect’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
How long we retain your Personal Data depends on the type of data and the purpose for which we process the data. By default, we will retain your data for ten (10) years unless you opt out earlier. Please send a request for data removal to email@example.com
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is sent and stored on your computer and/or mobile device which provides us with information in relation to your website usage, and allows us to recognise that you have used our website before.
Cookies are safe and secure and are commonly used by websites.
A cookie typically contains:
- The name of the server the cookie was sent from
- The lifetime of the cookie
- A unique identifier (usually a number)
How cookies work
When you visit an hfp consulting website, our website server sends a cookie to your device and uses this number to recognise you when you return to the site or browse from page to page. This cookie is then stored on your computer or mobile device.
All websites can send a cookie to your browser if your browser settings allow it. Many websites do this to track online flow.
Types of cookies
Cookies may be categorised on the basis of their life span:
1. Session or temporary cookies: these cookies expire when you close your browser or when the session times out
2. Persistent or permanent cookies: these are usually stored on your hard disk and survive across multiple sessions but have a longer expiration date
This website uses functions of the web analytics service Google Analytics. Provider is the Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheater Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”. These are text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google beforehand within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator. The IP address provided by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent possible. In addition, you may prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading the browser plug-in available under the following link and install: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
The use of our website is usually possible without providing personal information. As far as on our sides personal data (for example name, address or E-Mail addresses) are raised, this takes place, as far as possible, always on freiwilliger basis. These data will not be disclosed to third parties without your explicit consent.
We point out that the data transmission in the Internet (eg in the communication by E-Mail) can exhibit security gaps. A complete protection of the data from access by third parties is not possible.
We do not collect or use your data for interest-based advertisements for hfp consulting / hfp connect.
We collect information about your location while using our Services. We use this information for purposes such as optimizing your connection to our data center and suggesting customizations to your experience with our Products (e.g. your language preference). We share this information with parties such as our data center provider and our affiliate partners. If you do not wish to allow us to share your information in this manner, please opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing your Personal Data
We do not sell or rent your Personal Data to third parties for marketing.
We share Personal Data within hfp consulting and its affiliated companies, and with third party service providers for purposes of data processing or storage.
We also share Personal Data with business partners, service vendors and/or authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide requested Services or transactions, including processing orders, processing credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting event and seminar registration and providing customer support. We provide these third parties with Personal to complete/utilize the requested Service or transaction.
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Data as set forth in this policy. As required by law, we may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or similar legal process by disclosing your Personal Data and other related information, if necessary. We also may use Personal Data and other related information to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We collect and possibly share Personal Data and any other additional information available to us in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of hfp consulting’s terms of service, or as otherwise required by law.
Transfer and Storage of Personal Data
Our Products are hosted and operated in the Europe Union (EU) through hfp consulting and its service providers. We may transfer your Personal Data to the EU, to any hfp consulting affiliate worldwide, or to third parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing or storage. By using any of our Products or providing any Personal Data for any of the purposes stated above, you consent to the transfer and storage of your Personal Data, whether provided by you or obtained through a third party, to the EU as set forth herein, including the hosting of such Personal Data on EU servers.
Security of Your Personal Data
hfp consulting is committed to protecting the Personal Data you share with us. We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. SSL Certificate for hfp consulting is needed.
We recommend you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Data when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Data, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Linked websites and third party services
Our websites and services may provide links to other third-party websites and services which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites you visit or services you use.
If you participate in a hfp consulting discussion forum or chat room, you should be aware that the information you provide there will be made broadly available to others, potentially inside or outside hfp consulting, who have access to that discussion forum or chat room. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Each participant’s opinion on a forum or chat room is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinions of hfp consulting.
If you reside in the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland, you can also contact our Data Protection Officer: Saso@hfp-consulting.com